Sunday, January 08, 2012

Christmas 2011 ~ Look who the wind blew in

Christmas crept up on all of us and before we knew it we were bundling up and heading to the airport to get our long lost family.  After spending 4 years in Japan, Pam's family is back stateside and was able to come home this year for the holidays.  
 Meet Amelia, the newest edition to Pam's family.  
Amelia = Joy!
 Here is the whole gang, including the dogs!  
We got to babysit Jaida's little dog, Cabo (lower right) for the holidays and he didn't get left out of a thing.  
Now I'm having this inner struggle...
I need a dog, stop it you don't need a dog, I want a dog, stop it!
The days were filled and went by too quickly.
We mostly spent time letting the 6 girls play, laugh, and reunite. 
 I honestly have never seen such a content baby.  
She just loves her sisters and is so happy she makes everyone around her smile.
I get a lump in my throat looking at this picture.
So much talent, beauty, laughter, and love wrapped up in 6 perfect packages.
 I knitted, yes knitted, these scarves for the girls.
Close your jaw now, I used the cheater loom.
 The girls both got an iPod Touch from their dad for Christmas.
 They have already "face timed" with Joe and their Aunt Beth, downloaded more games than I knew existed, and started rocking out to Pandora Radio.
Awesome gifts.
Mom and Grandma...need I say more? 
 The Girl Pile!  I had to include two pictures of this because I couldn't decide which I loved best. 
This one is saturated with giggles in getting the pile set up.
 This one is my favorite moment.
Stacked up goodness.
We did go find snow, it was a drive but it was worth it.
The wind was blowing and the ground was icy and crusty...perfect for sledding.
 All 5 of the older girls performed for us. 
Morgan is a cheerleader.
Sydney is an actress.
Brenna plays beautiful piano.
Kyndra and Avery are fantastic fiddlers.
 Amelia time!
Everyone had their time holding and playing with the baby.
I love the one with Dan holding her up!
After Pam's family left we were joined by Tony and Jaida for a relaxing New Years weekend.
As you can see, we made up for our lack of snow for entertainment with the plethora of electronic devices.  Love it.
That wraps it up, welcome to 2012. 
This year is already shaping up to be a good one.
Now bring on winter!  I'm ready to go play in the snow!

5 comments:

Tracy Aldous said...

So fun to see all the family photos - look at all those girls! (I'm a little jealous - ha!) Happy New Year!

Montana Mom and Dad said...

oh didn't we have a good Christmas though!!! All those smiles are priceless.

Jodi Mattson said...

What a wonderful time you had and caught it on camera, good for you! Can't wait to see all of you again!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the wonderful moments with us. It is so much fun to put pictures to the great memories that your mom told me about. I love the pile up picture!

California Patty

aline said...

What fun!! I, too,love the 'pile up' picture! It had to be a WONDERFUL get together. Love, Aline