Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Gr8 to be 8!

I admit, it was a lot more fun seeing Avery turn 8 than it was passing my 41st this month!  I tell you, this little girl has come into her "own" this year.  She is amazingly smart, funny, outgoing...and girly!  Yes, in spite of her mother not having a "girly" bone in her body, my daughter has decided she is a princess and I love it!  

Avery had a small sleepover birthday party with her tight-knit group of friends.
 I love decorating the girl's doors for their birthday.  Since they don't really have a door right now I decorated the stairwell.  I had to lock two irate kitties in the "cat room" for the night to keep the surprise in tact.
 We spent a lot of time at this table...snacks, crafts, cake, pizza...all the necessities for a party.
 Make up!  LOL oh ya...did I mention the princess thing?
 What a beautiful girl.
 Avery and Kyndra actually helped make the cake in the nights before the party. They mixed, poured, and decorated the Gr8 8!

 After cake our amazing neighbors invited all 6 of the girls over to watch a movie on their home theater system.  We couldn't have topped the evening with anything else. I do believe I have the best luck in the planet when it comes to neighbors.
Well, time is passing...like it or not.  I'm at the point where I'm trying to just enjoy the days, move forward and accept life as it comes.  Without hardly a winter, I'm almost sad to see the trees budding out already.  I didn't even get to use my skis this year.  This is Montana tho...it still may be on the way.  Thank you all for your birthday wishes across the miles.  We love and miss you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Avery!! Isn't being 8 the best?

California Patty

Pam G said...

Love the pictures! Sounds like it was a GREAT party! Miss you guys!