Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Pishkun

There is much to love about the First People's Buffalo Jump (Ulm Pishkun) but what I think I enjoy the most is the wide open views of the countryside that sets my spirits on fire!  Square Butte, the Rocky Mountain Front, the Missouri and Sun River Valley's, and the prairie all in one 360 degree view.  

We took a little trip out there yesterday...note the shorts?  Today there is about 2" of snow on the ground...gotta love it!
My girls spent the first part of the trip telling their friend how to handle a rattlesnake sighting.  We did see one last time we were here so it wasn't unfounded.  I loved listening to my little snake experts.
They aren't as close to the edge as it looks.  Imagine for a minute what it would have sounded, looked, smelled, and felt like to be running a heard of buffalo to this spot where the earth drops off.
Amazing!
My photo doesn't do this view justice...its breathtaking. 

I like to call these "Montana Tide Pools." 
There is so much to discover at the Pishkun.  On this one trip, the wildlife consisted of several marmots, prairie dogs, an eagle, rabbits, and a porcupine!    
Look how close Tony was getting to him!! 



Fun day...now snow...I'm glad we got out while we could.

2 comments:

Montana Mom and Dad said...

Thanks for sharing your sunshine with us during supper, too.

Pam G said...

Great pictures and great fun!