Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Love of Music

I'm sitting here listening to music happen in my house, like I do every night.  New things are occurring with the music...new even as of tonight.  As Kyndra is playing harmony to Good King Wenceslas (which I've only heard in practice), she turns and says, "there are two harmonies, you know."  Nope...I sure didn't.  Then she says to her sister, "Why don't you get your violin out and we'll play together," to which her sister replies..."fine."
I love hearing harmony with the music.  I love the harmony that music brings to our busy lives. 
Kyndra graduated from Suzuki Book I this last weekend.  They play about 1/3 Suzuki, 1/3 Fiddle, and 1/3 other stuff like Christmas and Dual Fiddling. 
  I couldn't be more proud of these two musicians.  They practice alone, because I am not capable of helping them, they laugh, they help each other, and they perform in front of people! 
The cello is a beautiful instrument.  I think Kyndra wanted to play the bass because she knows how much I love it.  What I hope she has come to understand is that I just love the music.  She can play whatever she wants...I just want them to play and play with a smile on their faces. 
Once again, bless all of the musicians in our lives.  We are so fortunate.
New favorite expression..."If you are going to make a mistake, make a big fat loud one." Ms. Lydiard

1 comment:

Carmen said...

I love the way you express your feelings. Beautiful girls. Beautiful music!!!